Friday, July 21, 2006

And Just when you thought..

And Just when you thought you'd seen it all, something bizarre smacks you broadside. But before going there, let me apologize for the month long hiatus--its been busy, and as mentioned below, internet woes were partly to blame.

So, the wonderful world of wireless seemed cool once I got a wireless card and discovered that half the neighborhood had unsecured Wireless networks. It only took about three weeks before, one at a time, they became locked down. Dammit, now I have to get my own.

So, bizarre sighting of the week: Riding a bus accross downtown Seattle is always worth a chuckle or two, but this ride I took on Tuesday was a real treasure. As the bus maneuvered its way passed a couple of Loomis Fargo Armored trucks, I glanced over at the sidewalk to see two young armed carriers with an enormous pile of coinage with a huge bag of bills on top (I am assuming this from the way sharp corners bulged out). The boxes of coins had clearly been stacked to high--an unwieldy 4-5 feet on a sideless handtruck--and with the weight of the bag on top was beginning to crumple like the end of a jenga game. One of the carriers was desperately leaning into and on top of the stack which was slowly beginning to fall in multiple directions, while the other guard was dancing around in a circle with his hand on his six shooter firing panicky glares from eyes at the gathering crowd... and then they vanished from view as the bus pulled up into the intersection.

I can only imagine that whatever happened next, they were filling out job applications the following day. Only about three of us on the bus saw it, and started laughing hysterically, but by the time others were glancing over, the scene was out of sight... I hate getting such a kick at the expense of others, but hey... you gotta take your pleasures where you can.

Oh, And for those of you who ever doubted I was a bit cooky (I think this goes with a green thumb), below is a pic of an impatiens plant I grew from seed and bloomed... in my office (yes, the thing has never left my bookshelf).


Okay, so it only has one flower...

Oh, and its 90degF, 40% humidity in Seattle Washington right now.
Thats hot here.

Cheers!

Today's Random Google Query: captain finished about
Kenora Daily Miner and News, Kenora, ON
Neverwinter Nights: BloodSpell: From Concept to Finished Scene Part 1
Some Personal Experiences of Masters of the Lake Fleet of the ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home