Friday, May 26, 2006

A wet fart's worth of wisdom

Sometimes hard work pays off. Sometimes it just means you work hard.

Its funny, impressoins we leave on people often are the ones we never intended. And the horrifying part is that impressions are totally dependant on perspective, which one rarely has much, if any, control over.


One morning I was on my way into a meeting along with a small herd of cooworkers and stopped to try and fill up an a hot cup of joe. Its one of those fairly common ones where you brew into this big spaceship thing that has a lever on the side that, when pulled (and with luck) coffee comes out. Well, as usuall I give the old lever a good wank, but it was at the end of its tank and made the universally familliar sound of a post mexican meal bowel movement. I moaned, and grumbled something about who knows, and then a coworker asked as he was walking past "did you get some out of that?" and I replied without thinking, "Yeah, about a wet fart's worth." At first he looked horrified, and then slowly as what I had just said percolated to the folks standing around with pasteries and the silence struck, I realized the look on everybody's face wasn't exactly horrified at what I said, but more embarrased that they actually knew how much a wet fart's worth was.

Think abou tit. perspective is all about what you beLIEve.

Cheers!

Today's Random Google Query: whenever called beginning
Wh (RCS Song Titles Index)
Coding4Fun: Beginning Game Development
Zen and the Art of the Internet - Usenet News

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home