Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Everything looks better


...with beer goggles.
Try a pair today!

<->-<->-<->-<->-<->-<->
So the other day I snatch a couple of yummy Dicks Delux burgers on the way to the bus stop, only to miss the bus as I'm walking accross the street with the last of a burger being crammed in my mouth. In light of the fact I now had ten to fifteen minutes to blow I walked into one of my regular watering holes, "The Mirabeau Room" for a brew. As I found a stool at the bar, I noticed two things: one, that the bar was fairly quiet, and two, that the familiar bartender (a modestly cute brunette) was looking at me oddly. She then points to the corner of her mouth and says to me, "you have something on your mouth". Without even a second thought, I began to wipe the corner of my mouth as I replied "Oh, thanks, its that Dicks sauce, gets everywhere". She raised one of her eyebrows rather significantly, and said "Okay... would you like a beer with that 'Dick Sauce'?". I then realized what I had said, and proceeded to drink my beer rather quickly, to insure I didn't miss the next bus.

On a slightly more serious note, I should say that all images on this blog (photos, gimped images, digital art etc) are my original work with only a couple minor exceptions: the two-tone mayor Nickels "mayor gridlock" image is from the cover of The Stranger, and the original (base) image for the skull cross-section with the biohazard sign was 'borrowed' from The Visible Human Project and is a real photograph of a cross-section of a human skull (but all 'photoshopped' layers blended on top of that original image were my own art work).

I must also give special credit and and a hip-hip-horay for The Gimp (the free open source 'photoshop alternative') if you don't have a grand to blow on photoshop package, you should check out The Gimp, its really a good example of what can be accomplished with open source. If you want to get familiar but don't know where to start, check out the tutorials page.


And for those to whom it may not have been obvious, I only post carefully selected images that usually have several more-or-less hidden meanings. For those who know me, some may be more obvious, but none are posted with the intended message of 'face value'. Of course I doubt anybody really gives a shit and probably doesn't have time to give it a second thought, but its fun anyway. For those who don't know me, I can at least seed your interest with the following fact: I have a twisted sense of humor, and am often considered to be somewhat of a moral monster (I actually passed on taking a picture of an apparently aborted fetus in a kentucky-fried chicken bucket in the dumster the other day--but only because it stunk too bad) . There are no rules.

The devil is in the details. Happy Tuesday.

Today's Random Google Query: corner given otherwise
The Corner on National Review Online
Visual Calculus - The Ladder Problem
The aggdraw Module ::: www.effbot.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home