Wednesday, March 01, 2006

From the eyes of a monster....


morality is a hoax. To deny the validity or importance of 'animalistic' human insticts that incite fear, rage, or sorrow is to suggest that somehow love and tollerance can be fully appreciated without context. For those who love life without hatred or fear of death, I pitty you. Your life will forever reflect deceptive mediocracy.

On a Brighter note, I have two new orchids to my collection: a Complex Paphiopedilum Hybrid with exquisite geometry within the coloring patterns and a pleasing balance between the colors and the flower morphology. I picked this up at the the Northwest Home and Garden show for only $50, see pic1(note: flower is ~6-inches accross). Then I snagged a $12 special at safeway for my new office at work (L.c. rojo) which would have had a wonderfull spray of bright red flowers but I walked with it 8 blocks to work when it was ~20degF outside, and it seemed to kill 80% of the buds.... oops.

My $12 dollar Safeway special: (four of the 20+ buds survived the 8 blocks in freezing weather):
Okay so I gimped-in a second picture of the same three flowers... (I was depressed that did something so stupid that I had fabricate something to show for my $12 ;-).

On yet another even more random note, I just read about recent research that shows calcium suppliments don't appear to reduce the number of bone fractures in post-menopausal women, but do increase risk of kidney stones (See New York Times , "Big Study Finds No Clear Benefit of Calcium Pills" By GINA KOLATA, Published: February 16, 2006.

Chalk it up to one of those oversimplifications that makes somebody rich off of the gullibility of the majority (calcium suppliments are a 1 billion dollar a year industry).


Today's Random Google Query: himself sir foot
Sir William Wallace
Antarctic Explorers: Ernest Shackleton
The Epic of Mount Everest -- by Sir Francis Younghusband

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home